2016 is the return to Callaway Gardens after 12 years removed. This will be our third reunion at this beautiful place because Mattie Bell loved to bring her family here. Let's make her smile this year with one of the best reunions ever.
Important things that need to done:
- Book your room by calling 866-454-2772 and tell them your group name (SmithWalker)
- Pay your fee by phone or register here.
- Get involved with the planning committee and make sure you voice your needs.
- Visit Callaway Gardens website and plan your other events. There are so many things to do with your family.
Thursday July 28, 2016 - Check in at the front desk in the Mountain Creek Inn starting a 4 p.m. Reunion registration will be from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. in the Azalea Hall conference room. Meet and greet the family over finger foods and music from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Reunion planning and layout will be discussed during the meet and greet starting at 8 p.m., so make sure you attend so you will be up to date on the events for the next few days.
Friday July 29th 2016 - Family gathering in the Mountain Creek Inn front parking at 8:45 a.m. We will all travel together into the park by car and bus for a catered picnic lunch at the Ski Pavilion on the south side from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Other park activities can be arranged for families after the picnic. Starting at 6 p.m., we will have a talent/kids show in the Azalea hall ending at 10 p.m. Adults night out.
Saturday July 30th 2016 - Please be prompt for a 6 p.m. start for dinner in the Azalea Hall conference room. We have made it to the big day! In times past, the reunion dinner was scheduled on Friday night and picnic was Saturday noon. With the time swap, the dinner is the bookend on Saturday night and picnic is noon Friday. The change is better overall because it extended the reunion until the wee hours on Saturday or Sunday morning. Your morning can be spent resting from Friday night or in the park visiting some beautiful vineyard. Prize for top three performances: Third place will take home $250.00. Second place will pocket $750.00. First place $1,500.00 and a 4 foot trophy. Dinner Menu below:
Sunday July 31st 2016 - Our days together have come to a close on this day but the memories will last a life time. Lets be sure that Mattie Bell is looking down on us with a special smile on her face. This was her favorite place for her family. We start out this day, for those able to wake this early, with an 9 a.m. breakfast in the Azalea Hall conference room. We will need all able-bodies to stay in the hall to help breakdown the equipment and pack it for shipment home. After the food is served, we will discuss the next reunion and its location. Check out is 11 a.m.
The Georgia for Saturday's dinner:
- Baby Arugula and Field Greens with Georgia Peaches, Fresh Mozzarella, and Almonds
- Sweet Potato Salad with Toasted Pecans and Brown Sugar Bourbon Dressing
- Toasted Orzo Salad with Salt Cured Ham and Sweet Peas
- Strawberry Ambrosia
- Herb Roasted Springer Mountain® Chicken with Vidalia Onion Jus
- Pan Roasted Catfish with Cornbread Sausage
- Dressing and Mustard Butter
- Whipped Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Flat Creek Smoked Cheddar Grit Cakes
- Cornbread Muffins and Fresh Baked Rolls
- Desserts: Classic Banana Pudding, Dark Chocolate Cake
- Freshly Brewed Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee
- Sweet and Unsweetened Iced Tea
Robin Lake Buffet for Friday Picnic:
- Potato Salad
- Cole Slaw
- Grilled Burgers
- Grilled Hot Dogs
- Fried Chicken
- Baked Beans
- Ripened Tomato Slices, Sliced Red Onion, Shredded Lettuce, Pickles
- Sliced Cheddar Cheese, Swiss and Provolone Cheese
- Individual Bags of Potato Chips
- Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Mustard
- Hot Dog Buns, Hamburger Buns and Rolls
- Assorted Cookies
- Sliced Chilled Watermelon
- Unsweetened Tea & Lemonade
Rise and Shine Buffet on Sunday
- Selection of Fruit Juices to Include: Orange, Grapefruit, Cranberry
- Freshly Brewed Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee and Select Teas
- Muffins and Biscuits Served with Butter and Jam
- Individual Dry Cereals with Whole, 2% and Skim Milk
- Assorted Individual Flavored Yogurts
- Scrambled Farm Eggs
- Buttermilk Pancakes with Maple Syrup
- Bacon and Sausage Patties
- Callaway Gardens Speckled Heart® Stone
- Ground Cheese Grits